Friday, February 18, 2011

On the sewing journey

Since I brought a brother sewing machine from spotlight about 7 months ago, I have been teaching myself how to sew and make stuff for the kids. I am really surprised by how much I love it. At times it can be a bit stressful  when I am trying to make something and the machine doesnt do what I want( lots of swearing going on) but at the end when its all done and finished I find happiness looking at what I have made. Afew thing I have made are  a wrap, MCN wallet, bibs, picnic blanket and a cot quilt.

                                     MCN wallet holder, I leave this in the car with a spare mcn


                                                    Jetts VHC cot quilt(its my favourite).



                       Bibs I did with velcro but I now have a snap press and will be using that.

So today I went to spotlight to get some material to make our family costumes for a recycling  themed birthday party, have the 3 younger ones organised. Tomorrow I am off to the op shops to get mine, Nicks and Jyes. Hopefully pick up a bargain or 2 as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment